Monday, December 10, 2012

A.R.E. Meeting for 12/10/12

Leader: Marsha
Reader: Greg

We read two sections of "The Open Door," and stopped at the section titled "The Great Need for Service." That is where we will start next week. We also discussed meeting with Sylvia's Search for God group at a house next to Unity Church (Fillmore Center) on Thursday, January 3rd, at 6:30 pm.

We also talked about inspiring sermons, and I mentioned that my wife likes to watch Joel Osteen on Sunday mornings at 7 am on A&E (Comcast channel 30). Check your listings if you are so inclined.

The experiment for the week is:

Select and write down an area of your life in which you occasionally feel cheated (e.g., not getting the attention, love or money that you desire or think you deserve).

Experience an opening of the door as you begin to replace this attitude with one that affirms your oneness with the whole and your access to infinite supply. Write and use a short affirmation that you can say to yourself when this attitude of feeling cheated by life arises.

Example: I feel cheated by life because I have to do such trivial, boring work each day. Other people have exciting jobs, but I don't.

Affirmation: Wherever I am and whatever I'm doing, God can be glorified.

No comments:

Post a Comment