Monday, October 5, 2009

A.R.E. Meeting for 10/05/09

Leader: Sylvia
Reader: Greg

We began the chapter on "The Open Door." We read two sections and are ready to start on the one titled "How to Open the Door."

For our experiment:
Choose and write down something in your life that seems like a barrier to you (e.g., a problem in a relationship, a difficulty in meditation). Write down a constructive purpose which that barrier is serving (e.g., it is making me work hard on improving that relationship instead of taking it for granted; through this difficulty a particular positive quality is being awakened in me). During the week look for and respond to doorways that may open that barrier. Do not expect the barrier or difficulty to suddenly disappear, but be attentive to the ways in which the Christ Spirit is speaking to you through this situation. Keep a record of your experiences.
Example:

Barrier: I don't seem to be getting anywhere in meditation.

Purpose the barrier serves: Helps me to awaken the qualities of patience and persistence within myself.

Doorways: I became aware that what the Christ asks of me is to let go and let Him do the work in my meditations.

No comments:

Post a Comment