Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A.R.E Meeting for 6/30/09

This is the first time in awhile that everyone has been back, so you really don't need to know where we left off...but I'll remind you anyway. It's the "Know Thyself" chapter, the "The Mental and Spiritual Bodies" section, 5th paragraph, where it begins "When we are seeking to lose ourselves..."

The experiment is "Each night before falling asleep say a prayer asking that in your dreams you will be guided to experience that which is best for your growth. Try to retain this sense of seeking as you fall asleep. Keep a careful record of your dreams and of your feelings when you awaken in the morning."

Finally, I did some research on the quote I heard on the Sunday morning Internet radio show about Edgar Cayce, where he supposedly said "Every time you sit down to meditate, you lift 10000 souls."
It seems that this quote came from Robert Grant, who has been writing a lot about Cayce. I found it at this link.

The quote was from another source, the book The Secret of the Golden Flower. Here is the part of the interview where he mentions it.
Rob: One woman asked me, "Okay, you're talking about levels and realms of the after life. How can I make sure that I go to the highest realm possible in the afterlife?" I said, "Move from the heart, mean well for others, and know that the act of meditation (as Hugh Lynn Cayce, Edgar's son, taught me), is the seeking to attune to God that builds the light body we move into after death. So, meditation not only quickens us here but it also helps us move toward the light faster on the other side. I think that it was in the book, The Secret of the Golden Flower by Tung Pin Lu, that it was said that every time we sit down to meditate, we lift 10,000 souls. The vibration of our seeking attunement to God sends out ripples…

No comments:

Post a Comment