Sunday, February 27, 2011

Changes When You're a Channel for Healing

I bought Echo Bodine's book Hands That Heal, after listening to her being interviewed on the Sunday morning "Reflections: The Wisdom of Edgar Cayce" radio show. I was just flipping through the book when I landed on a page that mentioned how she changes when she is about to channel a higher energy level. I thought that some of the "symptoms" that our study group brought up during the last meeting meeting could be related to our journeys.

Here are Echo's words:
Since writing this back in 1983, my body has been through many changes because of being a channel for healing energy.
Every so often, and there is no set timing on this, my body goes through a process to take me to another level so that I can channel stronger energy.

The signs are not always the same, so sometimes I don't know I'm in one of these transitions until it passes and I begin channeling stronger energy.

These are the different changes I go through when my body is going to another level as a healer:
  • Metallic taste in my mouth
  • My appetite increases quite a bit
  • I put on 5 to 10 pounds 
  • I crave chocolate, baked potatoes, red meat, and coffee (decaf), and I drink gallons of water
  • I either stay up until two o'clock ord three o'clock in the morning reading everything spiritual I can get my hands on, or I feel extremely creative and redecorate, sew, or write, OR I become extremely tired and sleep all the time
  • I become quite a hermit, hiding out from everyone including close friends and family members since it feels like I need to be in the "silence" 
  • I usually stop all physical activity such as running on my treadmill or going for walks
  • I get spacey and absentminded
  • I have dreams where I'm in a classroom learning something new
  • My body feels like it's going through a metamorphosis, like I'm in a cocoon and will soon emerge a butterfly
  • My hands start channeling stronger energy, and they can hurt, go numb, feel arthritic, or feel really fat and thick. They are very sensitive and don't like to be touched
  • Sometimes when I go through these periods, I don't want anyone to touch me or hug me
  • I feel like I'm in some kind of chamber, and I don't want anyone "messing" with my energy
  • Sometimes I can hear voices far away teaching me something, yet my conscious mind can't make them out; they sound muddled
These periods last seven to ten days, and when I come out of them, I go back to normal, except I know I've come through something really important and am now a stronger channel. My diet goes back to normal. I get off coffee and cut way back on the sugar, the red meat, and the chocolate. I lose the weight I put on. My mind becomes more clear, and I'm less forgetful. I naturally crave fun, movies, people, and socializing in place of the solitude I craved before.

I go for months or maybe a year before I go into one of these changes, but seem to go through at least one of these transitions every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment